Translate

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Just Keeping Things Different

        Today was the first day I went to Church in Italy....! Yea, your probably thinking, "But dont they speak Italian in their churches..?" Yup, they do... and of course I could not keep my focus on the father for 5 minutes. My mind kept going swiftly back to what the differences and whats similar between America Catholic churches and Italian Catholic churches... Want to know a few?

Different:
1. They speak a different language! Duh!
2. The church is huge! Maybe that is because the ones I got to are smaller, but this church was made for like 200 people...
3. The decorations around the church were very different. They had so many painting!
4. The Church had a wooden ceiling
5. The pews are not all one long one. They were meant for like 4 people to a pew and then a row next to your pew. Like benches!

Same:
1.What you answer back as a group is similar, or at least I could follow that!
2. The father wore robes, his were green.
3. Lots of white.... walls, floors, decorations. You get the jist
4. They collect money here to!
5. Lots of singing! :) Very pretty!

        Told you it would be short! I only went once you know! Next time maybe I will see more differences. My family was late going, so we only caught the end.

        Anyway, at this point in the game, I am about to start school tomorrow! Wish me luck, I will need it till like Christmas when I understand the language! Not just 3 % of the language!

Till next time readers, have a great day!   | § | XOXO Brystal | § |
(Ignore all spelling mistakes please, was never great with English, now it is my best subject in Italy!) 

1 comment: