Translate

Monday, February 24, 2014

I Got Run Over In Italy!

      Crazy days come and they go, but what is left of those days is called a memory. Now I will push replay on my month so far, it's kind of been huge.

       As most of you know, I had been living with a host family, the Gatto's. They consisted of a mother, father, brother, and sister. Since about Christmas I have noticed that I was not part of their family. So I finally worked up the courage to speak to AFS intercultural about my problems. I asked to switch host families. They excepted also, after many hours and a long email sent. I had a "going away/moving out party" with the Gatto's. I am not sure why?.... Then I calmly packed up my room, which, I had just finished doing yesterday-Sunday. Then I changed families. I now live with my friend Emi and her amazing family, or technically my new family also. I am so happy now :)

       Another big news killing headline was that I was hit by a moterbike! If you have ever been hit, you know what I am feeling like. BUT if you have not, it really feels like a moment of confusion as their vehicle makes contact with you. After, your on the ground and you start to wonder how you got there, then you ask yourself, "Was I just hit?" It is not till about this point that you feel like you were hit. Did I mention it was on Valentine's day? <3

       So I went to the hospital and found out I have a sprined ankle, that is a nice color of purple at this moment. I also have an ugly brace and some crutches to use! (I refuse to walk with crutches!) I finish with all this medical care on March 5th.

       Some other things about this month. At school this week we are having student week. It is when there is no classes and no teachers teaching, unless they refuse to let you go. We do activities instead! For example today I was signed up for break dancing with Valentino helping out. (He is the new exchange student from Belgium) I went to see him dance mainly :)

       Oh course something always goes wrong so I missed that hour and had to go with Noriko (the exchange student from Japan) to help with origami! We were the only 2 people teaching. Should I mention I never did that before in my life?! Yay, now I have a swan! Then after this I went to the AFS Interculteral lab. I got to talk and so did Noriko and Glenn. Glenn is also from America <3 we invaded Lamezia together!

       That's a wrap from my memory! I hope you had a better February then I did! It will get better now that I am healing.

| § | XOXO Brystal | § | 

No comments:

Post a Comment