Translate

Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Journey So Far

Il mio viaggio è stato un giro sulle montagne russe finora! In Italian this basically means my journey has been like a roller-coaster ride so far. For all those people out there reading my blog, Grazie! This will be a challenge for me, because I have never blogged before!

So to recap what has happened so far, I should start at the beginning. . . . .

I was in the middle of my 10th grade school year in Shippensburg Pennsylvania. It was a Tuesday in January  and I was sitting in my study hall period having nothing to do. Then conveniently, I heard an announcement about a Studying Abroad Presentation  happening that day. So I grabbed my friends and it led to our ticket out of class for those 45 minutes. I would never have guessed then that less than 5 months later I would become an exchange student.

After going to the meeting, I completely forgot about what was said. The only thing I could remember was, "No way am I ever going to be able to pay for this." So when I got home later on, I put the papers in my dresser and left them there. The next time I looked at those papers, it was February.

I went on the AFS page online, and skimmed through the scholarships that could apply for me. I found one that sounded almost unreal because it was so amazing! It was a full scholarship to those in select Pennsylvania areas, who wanted to Study Abroad in 2013-2014. The only problem with this spectacular scholarship was - the application was due that Friday! I applied, and had 5 days to complete the "application process." ....But of course I got it done!

My crazy beginning does not end there! So till my next blog, ~ XOXO Brystal~

2 comments:

  1. congratulations Brystal! I'm so very proud of you...making all of your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Knew you could do it! :) Side note, Deb Felak is the most peppy and positive representative! Back to the roller coaster... Just remember to throw your hands up in air sometimes and sing A-oh!!!! Roller coasters are super fun! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete