Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Try something new!

         Ciao a tutte quelle belle lettori là fuori!!! Todays that type of day that you realize, "I spend entirely too much time on the internet." Think about it for a split second will ya? .... Do you ever find yourself waking up in the morning and going straight to your; Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Tango, Kik, Blog, Email, Tumblr, Netflix, Skype, Instagram, SnapChat, Gruveo, YouTube, Vine, OoVoo, Facetime etc.? Yea, even though I am a teenager and practically made for the internet, I find myself not having enough time in my day for anything else! P.S. I really do not use all those websites, one I want to try in Italy is Skype. I know, its easy, but it looks difficult! My 3 sisters are almost pros at these websites, especially Pinterest! I personally have no idea what to do on Pinterest...just post interesting pictures?

        As I said before, I spend too much time on the internet. I really do hope I am not the only one! But, while abroad I will find myself in a completely different culture that does sports and camping as leisure activities, not movies. It seems kinda strange to me when I think about it... I will be overseas in a completely new world, with experiences waiting to happen at any given moment! My normal will seem unworthy over in Italy. Now please if you were in my shoes, how strange would that be for you? Pretty strange if I do say so myself! Anyway my point is to say that what I do everyday in the USA will be different, I won't be getting up on Facebook anymore before I am even out of bed. I even think I will be seeing less of Facebook every day..... Crazy, it seems like such an American thing to do, sit on the internet all day long!

So as this entire revolution occurred to me, I realized it kinda relates back to my, "What happened this far" blogs. Let me explain. While I awaited an answer from both Speedwell and AFS USA I would find myself constantly on the internet. I would be sitting in Class checking my phone every other half hour, praying that I would get that simple little email that would say, "You're accepted!" Really it was not that hard to ask for, was it? Just say yes to everyone :) it would be quicker! So anyway, I was always on my email throughout this time... well not exactly, It was my mother's email (THANK YOU MA!) and she would get messages *all the time.* Except for the AFS one that I wanted, she would get loads of messages from random senders. Every single time I would see a message about a new email, my heart would jump, "Could this one be my letter, oh please let it be my letter!" I would sit and beg my phone for it to be my letter actually...Lame right?

What I should have done during those months of waiting was a hobby. If I could go back to the beginning I would tell myself to be patient, that AFS would not forget about me! But of course, I didn't have myself then to guide me through it all. It was really like April-Mayish that I got my acceptance from Speedwell Scholarship and AFS. Both I have so much thanks for! Even today my lovely sister Yvette wants to Study Abroad!

Now the only other strange thing I went through was really where I was going to go. My top three were: France, Italy,  and Spain. As we all know, I got Italy! But you all should know I didn't know any italian before this summer. I have two years of French down though! Really, the more languages I can master, the better! I might even want a job that includes languages. I know one of my big goals when I come back from Italy, is to learn Chinese! (I mean, they kinda run the world)

So that pretty much sums up my exciting beginning.... well exciting to me at least. :) So, when you leave my blog today, think, how much useless time do you spend on the internet each day? Those hours can take you places, even Abroad!! If you're going to spend your time on the internet anyway, do something useful with it, read an article, research, find new scholarships for college, or spontaneously apply to Study Abroad... Why not?

Till my next blog ~ XOXO Brystal ~

No comments:

Post a Comment