Translate

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What It Is Like Being Me!

        If you have ever sat at home reading blogs all day, then you may wonder what it is like to be that person. Well yea my life is fun, but what makes mine better is I am a full time exchange student! I mean every single moment of may day revolves around studing Italian!

Take a jump in my shoes will ya? This will just be a sec.! 

        Now from the beginning it is do or die, remember that! . . . First, I wake up and I have a different culture I must adjust to. I go to school where it is either understand or fail miserably. Then I go out with friends and it is like - look really stupid speaking Italian or look so extremly stupid not speaking Italian, where you want to crawl under a rock and hide. Then you come home and have to eat! I can either ignore what I am eating and deal with it, or ask, so in all I learn! (When you do not know what you are eatting, it is not fun! Trust me!) TV time is the same, understand italian words or you sit for two hours making your own story up! (Which I have done and it gets lame fast) Then you go to sleep, and oddly enough you dream in the language anyway! Now that was just a quick rundown, but being me has its ups and downs!


|§|  |§|  |§|

        Being a exchange student is like being a prize pig! You come in first and everyone wants to meet you, but they do not really meet you, they meet your family which talks for you! Then they dress you up, bring you to parties so you can be shown off somemore! Whats cool is they ask the same questions, and I have gotten used to them and know what they mean! I still let my parents answer for me thou! I mean, I could seriously fumble with the words and look like a dork! (Which I seriously look like all day anyway!)

        If you are an exchange student you also have to go to class! I think it is a waste of time. . . Let me explain. . . First, you know none of the language, so sitting at home doing Rosetta Stone (language learning online) will help more then sitting in physics where you do not have google translate on hand. I sit in class and observe italian life, take in a few words, and think about memories "all day long." Also, taking notes is miserable... :) I find it so hard - the hardest maybe! I do not know the words, soooo I copy 3 letters at a time and have to look back at the board - it is so slow! I write some words wrong anyway by mistake, oops! The girl I copy from is so sweet, but it took days to figure out that in Italy "n" looks like "m"....and "m" has an extra hump! Also she writes her "l","e","c" all the same way. Just slightly different! Well perks of being an exchange student, things have to look different!

Now view this picture . . . yes now. . . done yet? OK! I feel just like this! So similar really.... just put under what my School thinks I do - Nothing. She can not understand anything! :) Funny thing is, they talk to me all the time, I just shake my head and look like I understand, when really I have no clue what is happening!

Well so far this is me being an exchange student! With help from google translate of course! I have to translate everything I read/write to English! Even still this is AWESOME!

Till next time readers. (At the bottom of my page are some blogs from OTHER PEOPLE read them! Really, reading is what smart people do anyway! Without reading you would always be an idiot. So read some more! Its fun!) 
| § | XOXO Brystal | § |

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I heard too much negative and not enough positive! Your family is proud of you, that's so endearing. Embrace all the loveand caring that is around you. Don't be frustrated now...if in four or six months you can't communicate or understand anyone, then be frustrated. Just remember that a baby has to learn how to crawl before standing, and stand before walking, and walk before running. don't be in such a hurry to run. the observations you make now will mean a lot later, believe it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am not being negative, more like confused to the max :) Its not an everyday thing in America to listen to a different language....

    ReplyDelete