Translate

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Kiss Me, I'm American!

        Yes, strange title that needs explaining right? Thought so! Well today is a tradition for Exchange Students! Called Kiss an Exchange Student Day! The kids in Italy are not really doing it this year but so many others around the world are! Now! They made YouTube videos and everything! 

        November 30 = Kiss an exchange student day, worldwide! Next one on December 30th!

        Now I was open for the idea because Italians kiss on the cheek all the time! It's kinda their thing... So what's a few more going to do, kill me? Nah! It was fin really! I later saw all the pictures my exchange friend posted and thought it was a great idea! 

        Now I do not know if you tried this with the exchange student in your area, but I say that it's never to late! Because for many of you this may be the first time you heard of it. Happens each year! So go next year! Or just ask! Ok done.... 

        I also want to say thank you to all my readers! (Grazie!) (Thank you!) it has been exactly one month since I said  that I had 1 thousand page views and now I had the most ultimate surprise! I now have over 2 thousand! I can not even believe people are reading this... That's crazy!!! Also it has been such a short time to get 1 thousand more! Thank you so much everyone for taking your time and spending it with me on my adventures in Italy! I will love all of you forever! I know I am not alone :) 

        Now next on my list... Thanksgiving! It was just on Thursday! My host family does not celebrate it though, they are not American. It was adorable though to see them try to understand what it was. So instead I got asked to go to a Thanksgiving dinner with my friend from school. We will go eat with his family. I am nervous though, I completely forget everything to do with this American tradition. Besides the basic ideas. :) I am not a complete moron though, I probably remember more then I think! So I must read to remember the rest! It is tomorrow you know!

        Ok nextly, on Friday my school had a play going on. Oh my goodness was that the most strange thing I have ever been to! I liked it but did not understand like anything they said. It was because they would sing and speak SO FAST. I did not know what to do. I was also in the back. Lucky I know. Anyway this play was done but just 2 people. That's the strange part . It was about a guy going to school who did not want to do his homework... Yea that's all I got from it.... Lovely singers they were though.!.

        Also I can offically say I am in level 2 of my Italian lessons! We finished on Friday, level 1... It's like second grade all over again. I was almost afriad I would have to retake the first level. If you knew me in America you would know I failed first grade. (Evil teacher with a bent finger hated me..) So excited for second grade Italian though! 

        Also Happy Thanksgiving! (Late) and Black Friday shopping for all the Americans!

Till next time readers! | § | XOXO Brystal | § |

No comments:

Post a Comment