Translate

Monday, December 30, 2013

Santa Clause Came to Town!

        Well it's not a complete surprise I am a few days late writting this. I think that it being a Christmas / New Years break gives me a free card! So I hope your special Santa brought you something worth while! Or... If not, I hope you had a fantastic day!

        Moving on! Now Christmas is such a joyful time of the year... Meaning I love it! Yes, even if I was bounced between host families, it still is one of the best I will ever have! Gosh really, how many can I have in Italy? Unless I move here for sure, this might be the last one!
      
        Now yes, I had a temporary host family for a week which was super amazing. I mean perfection really, I loved them to death! It helped it was a family I knew and a friend I loved. <3  I got to speak some intense Italian and teach English outside of school for once! I also got to play board games like Clue and Monopoly and Tumbla (like bingo..) if I spelled it right! So no judging! It is an Italian word I will only hear during Christmas season's!

        Now when I left their house on the 28th (aka the sisters b-day!) Buon compleanno!!! I also heard the grandmother cried that I left... How adorable! She was cool, she was so lively, reminded me of my grandmother who is the same way!

        Now the crazy thing I totally did not expect was the presents they got me! They did not have to get me anything! But... Of course they are sweet at heart! The other grandmother made me, yes made me a poncho and a hat! I can totally say "made in Italy" for those! I love it so much, I am going to learn how to make it.... Really isn't the saying, "Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day, or teach a man to fish and he can eat forever.." I can see how it is true....! Emi got me pretty earrings also, orange and all. Reminds me of a pair my sister has in the US!  .  . The parents got me a cute heart necklace that means the world to me, they will never know... It shows someone cared enough to find it specially for me. I will wear it as often as possible! My goal is to keep it always!

        Now other important things I did with them includes going to Emi's and her sisters practice for gymnastics! Amazing thats all you can say when they are throwing themselves around the building. Or better yet, where can I learn! While you stare at the place they are learning and you go ahead and think, humm first level please??? Or baby level, what about help me be flexible first? Yea, I would break in half quicker then toast likes to crumble....

        I should mention I won clue 1 time and out of every time I always always ended up being the killer. How is that possible? I hope it doesn't mean anything! ... Strange....

        Now this was with my second host family <3 but soon I will tell you all about my real host families Christmas (Natale) a different time. Feels like it needs to be separate. Still really TODAY is the last day of 2013! (As I write this at 1 in the morning...) So Happy New Year!!! Kinda ...Few more hours to go, but I am super excited! I get to spend 2014 in Italy also, that's just about the most stunning thing a person can do....

        With love, I hope your thinking of a New Years Resolution! (Has to be good!) - I am thinking, lay off of the PASTA before I return to america looking like some over stuffed bird. Which might happen....

| § | XOXO Brystal | § |
P.S.    The picture Of Emi and I includes the neaklace and poncho!**

No comments:

Post a Comment