Translate

Sunday, December 22, 2013

My December Love

        December is the time of the year that you put on your snuggly PJs and sit by the fire drinking hot cocoa with marshmallows! Or you go out and you have an excuse to look all winter ready in fur and sweaters. December is a time for love and I should confess mine....

        But first before I do, you should be prepared with the thought that going abroad has made me open my eyes to everything! Why not this also? Ok I am totally in love with Italian weather! The weather here is at least 20 degrees warmer then in Pennsylvania USA! I would normally see snow and be unbearably cold, to where you do not even want to change in the morning. Now in Italy, there is some cold days, but they are still nice, like a cold Fall evening or something similar!

        I do not have to constantly remember my gloves, hat, or scarf! Plus my winter jacket is really light! So it is perfect! Should I also mention that all the trees are green still, not even a dull green but green. Beautiful!
Now I know some of you were actually wondering who I liked right? Well I will say that Italian guys are all adorable in some way or another. Even if it is just the Italian accent on English words. I do have a crush though, who would not if you went abroad? But my lips are sealed! No names, you will just have to guess the most Italian sounding names! ;-)  

        Anyway! So what have I been up to in December lately? Well first off I should talk about my Christmas Holiday. . . .So I will not be spending it with my host family. Instead I will spend it with my bestie Emi! :-) Now she is cool and speaks English, and is like a flexable ruler! She can go into any pose, score one for you girl! Her lovely family decided to take me in for 1 week, and I will forever be grateful! Christmas in Italy is a family time, and I feel like I will be intruding still, so pray I will do alright!

        My family are all going separate ways. My host dad Pietro will be going to Rome for work. My host mom Annamaria and Maria my sister will go to Napels. My host brother Attilio will go to his GF's house. :) Have fun all of you!

        What else have I been doing? Well I went to 2 different Christmas parties! let me tell you one thing, Italians party like American's! The only difference was not so much "grinding" and "butt-rubbing" but more of a "Lets invade your personal space in a different way" thing. For example I went to a large party yesterday and there was a group of guys who had a goal of just dancing behind people even if they did not know each other. WEIRD DUDES! So yes, when they came around I let someone else take my spot ;-) The other party was on Friday the say before yesterday, it was smaller but I think I had more fun! Dancing room helps! Plus I was wearing heels that day too! I completely forgot to pack heels for the other party. (My suitcase can only fit so much...) 

        I also went this month to a Christmas concert at my school! Their voices were all so magical! They were singing in English and Italian. I took some videos and when I figure out how to add them I will! (Maybe).... I might be to lazy too lol! I had to leave early though to go to an AFS Interculteral party then after. I ended up getting to see Noriko and Celestina again! (BTW our lessons of Italian end very soon! Meaning I will either be very thankful I dont have to worry anymore, or very upset because that means the half way point is gone...)

        So a little side note..... I have been writing this post forever.... so the weather is not great now, but its not bad either! Also I am now at my 2nd host families house.... :) Which I am having a ball! 

So MERRY CHRISTMAS or BUON NATALE! Hope you have fun! Till next time readers ! Spend your holidays like there will never be another. Because for me I will never have another in Italy! 
| § | XOXO Brystal | §| 
My new host family and I for the week!
My Host mom and host dad before they left!
I did go to see a movie this month too! Avoid the fact that this is awful....... AND I look bad LOL! 
A break in the middle for snacks is OK with me! 
I forgot to write about this! I went to a protest in Italy! 
Hello Kitty and me <3
ME! Party 1
Emi and I! 
Noemi and me!!!!
Nativity set it is HUGE
Santa's in my city :)
Went to the Theator to see "Othello!" in italian!
Shopping on my friends B-day! At a shop just like Claires !
Told you it is still green! 

No comments:

Post a Comment