Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Trip to Salerno

        This past week I did what all exchange students wanted to do from the get-go! I traveled! To where you may ask? Well I think my title explains I went to Salerno Italy! Such a beautiful place full of history and life!

        I took a 2 hour long train from the bottom of Italy to the middle near Napels with the other 2 exchange students in my area. Celestina and Noriko! I had the window seat and I cannot even express in words what the Italian coast is like. But I will try ;-) For one, the train took the route next to the sea the entire time! The shore was very calm and extremly blue! For awhile the edge of the beach was made of rocks. They formed a shape. One after another there were GIANT "T's" .....Like this: T_T_T_T_T_T_ (Be a little creative with your mind, I only have the keyboard to work with, and you have the world inside of you) At the edge of the T's people where fishing, but why on rocks I do not know. I wonder if these were man-made? They seemed so perfectly perfect they had to be.....

        Got to Salerno finally! I had to walk what felt like forever to the building we would stay at. (from Wednesday-Saterday) So I dragged my heavy suitcase, you know how girls pack (way to much), up hill after hill. Streets in Italy seem to be mainly handmade. Almost all of the streets were cobble-stone or laid bricks. Which make walking with weights not easy. - Anyway, this place we were staying at was creepy. No one wanted to be alone, we all stayed in groups together! What was the creepest part about this place you ask? Well there was a huge CHURCH inside! Like for what reason would that be needed? Also each room was made to fit 3 or more people. One room where the guys stayed had 10 beds! Think Harry Potter style here, how weird would that be, thank goodness that was not my room! ( we all ended up switching rooms anyway because we had to be with people that spoke our language! ) And the all night parties because no one wanted to go to sleep without someone else! Gosh one night I went to bed early and I slept with the light on!

        Well most of the days were spent inside this large room, we called it a prison to go with the creepy hotel theme. So I won't get much into that, just know it was boring! BUT I will get into the talent show part! Each country had to do an act. So the Americans/Australian team sang "Star Spangled Banner". (Celestina did not know it, and we had a different song planed-Hey Soul Sister- till we saw everyone else was doing things related to their culture) Lazy Americans right? We just wanted to make it easy. Its ok thou, we went up there and kinda bombed it anyway..... There is a video that I must find because we look so funny! You could tell we did not plan it! BUT the other countries were amazing! A few that stock out: The 2 kids from Turkey did a rap from Turkey. The 3 kids from Japan (Noriko!!) did origami to a song! They each finished a swan in under 3 minutes and it was timed perfectly! They also handed out origami after! CUTE! Then the people who all spoke spanish from (pretty-much all of South America, and Spain) did a cool dance! Then the Hong Kong girls sang a song in their language! Also a girl from India sang a song. Then the guy from Finland, the girl from France, the boy from (I forget) and another girl from Poland did a really funny act! They were all speaking in their language so no one understood but it was so funny!
 -Thats all I remember -

        LASTLY (maybe) We toured Salerno! For only like 3 hours but still we got out of our prison and saw the light again! So warm and inviting! Gosh I love the sun after having been a vampire for a few days! So we toured the city as a large group. Visiting the outside of our building (We did talk about the outside for like 30 minutes...NON LO SO!) Then we went to a Church! It was stunning! I have a few pictures at the bottom! This Church was gorgeous, it was like seeing part of god himself! That building must have taken years to build! After the Chruch we went to the sea and ate ice cream! Yum! Then we finished after a few pictures of course! Dont want to forget this do we now?.?.?

          NVM Lately again! The train home. Yea so my group was first and we ended up being late. We had ran and I do mean ran through Salerno. Dragging our heavy luggage behind us just in time to see mine, Celestina's, and Noriko's train leave without us. We took a different one, but seriously what a leg workout! I think I am set for the entire year! Do not need to do any more running till June! (gosh I hate running so much!)

Picture time!!!! 

Till next time Readers! (Remember I gave up spelling, so I did not check this!) 
| § | XOXO Brystal | § | 
Moto bikes are everywhere is Italy!!! This picture is Italy!

The ceiling, do you see that ceiling?!?!?

The Church! And the huge pipe organ! 
From left to right: Me, Hong Kong girl (cant spell the name!) Kelly, Celestina, Rutuja (India), Kristina, Shayla (USA Ohio)
Poland Girl Agnieszka, Celestina, Kat, Me, and Kelly! 

Me-Celestina-Katie (america from PA too!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment