Translate

Friday, October 4, 2013

1 Month In

Looking out of my window this morning, towards the sea, it reminded me that my life has forever been changed by this. I have been away from my family for 1 month now. I left them on September 4th, and now it is October 4th. My Exchange offically started then, but I did not arrive in Italy till the 6th. Now to me, it feels like I have been here a few days, not 1 month! I mean, now I only have 9 left! Funny how time works, no matter what, it still goes forward! Soon it will be Christmas and then Easter, then Forth of July! (Which I mark as my time to return to America)

So I have a few things I miss about the States, and I thought I would share it with you!

1. I miss my family, but I have not felt homesick yet! Thank goodness for that, I never liked crying, it always seemed pointless! Do you know what I mean? 

2. I MISS FRENCH FRIES! :-) I know! All this amazing Italian food, but seriously anything to do with a potatos I miss! - I still have potatos here, but like with Pasta, so its not the same! Also there are french fries on the pizza, but that does not count either! My step-father Tom always made the most amazing french fries from scratch!- With the food I miss my Moms Roast with gravey (Practically another food group in my house); My sisters popcorn! I have not had popcorn in a month, I am seriously considering her shipping it to me!; Also my fathers chili! 

3. I Miss my kitties! I had 2 but a few days ago one passed . . .  Babes I love you! :( 

Yea and thats about it. I do miss like little things, but they are not that important. I can live without them! I mean I am Italy, things will replace those small useless items! :) 

So far in Italy I have a few things I LOVE! Want to hear a few?... Of course you do silly!

1. The soft cheeses here are to die for! I am going to get so fat eating them though! YUM! - The pasta is so much better here, I think it is because I eat it every single day! (Everytime I think of pasta I think of my friend Maddy who would just love it here! Her favorite food is pasta!) - The grapes, oh my gosh, they are unexplainable! 

2. I love my host family, they are soooo sweet! They try so hard to communicate with me!

3. Italian music is so cool! I want to listen to only that, but somehow they always put back on American songs... Which they do not understand..?!? 

4. The view of the mountains, sea, city, and windmills each day is SO GORGOUS! 

5. The students in my class I love! Even just this school! They are all so animated I can always guess what they are talking about! They are also so nice! Even when they have to repeat what they said 8 times! 
6. I love shopping here! Expensive, but worth it! 

7.I love how all Italian older woman wear heels! I have seen like 80 year olds wearing higher heels then I do! I do not know how they do it! 

8.The pizza gets its own slot! I have had my host mother write a real Italian recipe for pizza I can not wait to make for my America family! 

Now I can probably go on forever with the food I like here. BUT I won't! I will seriously miss Italy when I leave <3 

OH! I almost forgot, today all Italian students are protesting Italian schools! I am told one reason is because of high priced books! (which they all have to buy, crazy!) So I am at home enjoying my day off! Thinking how much I would rather be in school to see the guy I like, who I have never talked to btw! But he has got to be the most handome guy I have seen here. (If he actually reads this then, your welcome!) Anyway, He speaks Italian, what am I suppose to say.?. (I was never good with guys anyway, I will leave that job to my sister Yvette - well really any of my 3 sisters!) Ok I am done being sappy ^_^ But really Italian guys are good-looking!

Till next time readers | § | XOXO Brystal | § | 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug on my gravy, maybe I should patent it ;) ha! The protest...NOW you can finally appreciate what I meant when I said "get all the free education you can, not everyone has free education." My heart is with them; even though their education is superb, to pay for books--thus education--can be a downright hardship for many. I hope their message rings throughout Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, Happy one month anniversary! Wtg!!!!!!! :D woots!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete