Translate

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween In Italy

        Hi everyone :) Sorry for not blogging in weeks! I have tried BUT my dads computer hates me . . . So Happy late Halloween to all those people out there that love Halloween!. Pumpkins, costumes, parties, candy of every sort, being scared to death, trick-or-treating... Yes this is my typical Halloween. But not in Italy, wonder why?

        ME TOO! At first I thought, of course they have Halloween like Americans do. Free candy and costumes, really we are all kids at heart right? Wrong to a sense.... I will explain....

        Halloween is kinda a new thing here, so they do not do trick-or-treating like in the USA. They do not go door to door begging for someone to give them candy. (I think mainly because the ways the houses are set up, like apartments are everywhere, and houses are strange to come by) On the bright side, Italians love to party! So I was invited to many parties, but I ended up just going to my friends party! Maya, she is the host sister of Noriko (Japanese) and Celestina (Australian) was also there!

        It was at her house. Weird thing is I have been to her house so many times but I never knew . . . It was haunted! The house is *about* 500-600 years old and had to be reformed once. Believe me after I heard that story, sleeping was not an option! In my freaked out Halloween mind I could either get attacked while awake or asleep. Which would you choose?

        The party was tons of fun! I got ready at her house ahead of time. I brought my black and was hoping that I would find something in her creepy arrangement of accessories. (Would not really call her punk, more of a free spirit) So I ended up putting fake blood on, and the clip on tiny hats, and went as a Witch/ Dead Vamp. I know what your thinking, could not do any better? Well, I just so happened to forget my costume for Halloween in America, with all the extra room I had in my suitcase of 50 lbs. ;-) Noriko though went as ...well I am not sure....So I will call it a sexy dead Japanese girl. And Celeste was a ...not really sure either....maybe a playboy with blood on her wrists. (Other outfits included; Batman, a Giant rabbit, and A dead Bow-peep?) I am so not good at guessing costumes, oh well ya know!

        We ended up eating, dancing and telling really lame horror stories! (They were trying to do it in English for us, how sweet!) OH I alomost forgot we also ate all of Noriko's Japanese candy. I am telling you that stuff is amazing! It was all in cute sizes too! (I secretly wanted to save some and bring it back to the US, but at last I thought it would be weird...) 

        Oh I did sleep in the house, but I am still alive! We begged Maya and her boyfriend to come and sleep on the couch near us! It was alittle creepy still!

-----Allora (ok),  So for what happened on the first of November:

        I went with my favorite Japanese exchange student and Maya and Marco (the boyfriend) to the mall. We watched Despicable Me 2 (Cattivissimo Me 2 in Italian) - There were no English subtitles but I saw the movie before in English so I was able to find what they were saying! Poor Noriko though, she was a lost puppy! After that we went and saw a 5D movie. (It is 3D with wind, water, and the seats moving) It was awesome! I was freaked out! I suggest doing this! Then we went bowling! Out of 4 people I came in third, guess I was a bit rusty? Even still Noriko killed us all, I think it is because Japanese people are good at everything -Stereotype!- But true! Then we went out to eat, I got pizza and I ate the entire pizza! So did Noriko! I love having my own pizza, greedy American I know :) But haven't you ever just wanted it all, but could not have it? YUM, it is worth the million calories!

        So that was my Halloween, but I heard from my school friends they did not dress up for Halloween!!! I mean you get to do it once! Well I guess Italians just have not gotten into that yet. ;-) But soon.....

Hope your Halloween made you shiver! Till next time Readers! 
| § | XOXO Brystal | § |
Lamezia at night behind me :)

Japanese Candy = The bomb!

Spooky!

Shivers yet?

Celeste <3

My favorite girls!

Must I say anymore? 

No comments:

Post a Comment