Translate

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Catch Up

        I realized I tell my family and facebook more about what has been happening in Italy, more then I blog about! Oops :) So here is a catching up blog! Oh BTW Ciao! Salve! Or as my class friends like me saying, "CaioCaio!" I guess it is like our "heyhey!" ? Maybe ?

        So I have done a bunch of stuff in Italy so far, where to begin? . .  I will jump around a bit I think. Yes!

        I have started my Italian Lessons! Which is really like 3 or 4 times a week I go to about the only house in Lamezia (everything is apartments) and I study there with 2 other exchange students in my area! Celestina who is the most out-wordly-spoken person I have met. Meaning she loves to add curse words where ever they seem fit! (In America this award would go to my friend Maddy, she tends to do the same, its weird how much I miss it! Its always so random what she says!) Well anyway, Celestina is Australian but is a terrible example of one. She looks italian! No joke! Then there is Noriko, she is so pretty and from Japan! Sadly, she does not speak a bunch of English, so I cannot wait to learn Italian to talk to her! She lives at this house too. The house is on a mountain because Lamezia is surrounded by mountains on all sides but one, there is the sea! (I can see the sea from my bedroom balcony!) Her view is so gorgous! (Picture at bottom!) It is really breath-taking, I am pretty sure if I ever move to Italy I want to live at this house.

        I have also gone to a wine and grape tasting! The grapes they grow here in Calabria are amazing. They all taste so different. I learned that at the grape tasting! They grapes also have seeds so I eat mine with a knife...

        I went a few days ago to a birthday party for my host brothers friend. He is awesome, and speaks English. I was at this party for like 20 minutes and realized that the theme was "America." The balloons, forks, spoons, plates, decorations were all red white and blue! He loves America, like most of the people I have met. If they do not love America, they hate it with a passion. The party was fun, but I had to leave early, my host sister wanted to. I do not know why . . ?

        My first 2 weeks of school were boring and long. I barely understand what they said. Math and Physics is the hardest too. I used to love math and I am constantly asking my sister from America (Yvette) to send me my old notes about each lesson. Funny thing is, a good teacher makes a difference! I am learning similar things here in math, like I did in America. But I cannot follow any of it! My teacher writes a problem on the board, and the kids just know how to solve it. No help. If she gives help, she skips steps, so I never know how she gets numbers. Which brings me to the symbols in math. They use the basic one like + - = (.) But then they use weird ones to. Like an upside down A with xeR.....It means the problem will always be possible! I hope soon I can understand Italian because this is difficult. But I can and will do it!

        I have gone shopping in Italy a lot. Even if you run out of money you still go shopping! There is one long street in Lamezia where all the stores are, and at night time this place is packed with people. Women holding firmly to their men while wearing 5 inch heels. So of course I follow my friends leads - wearing heels and holding their arms! I think we hold arms so we do not fall, or so that we fall together . . . My theory BTW. Teenagers, this is the place to go. In my small town in America, kids did not hangout like this. We would go get a pizza or shop during the day, not at 10 at night. These teenagers go in packs of like 15 to shop very late at night, its unusual. I have gotten a hang of it too! I went shopping yesterday, but my host sister gave up on her heels in the middle, so I was the last standing! (I went with Celestina) ...I should add Italians kiss (On the lips) and hold hands alot, even if they are not dating and are friends.

        I have also gone to get my residence permit, but because that story is boring I won't tell it, your welcome!

        I also went out once to a pizza shop in the mountains. Beautiful view of Lamezia! We sat and ordered, and I was shocked when the waiter brought us each our own pizza to eat! Even more weird, once we finished (Alot of pizza left-over) we just left it there! Italians are not worried at all when it comes to left overs. My family puts everything in a bag and feeds it to chickens that my host grandmother has living near us. Anyway mountain. . . I learned how to play foosball! But I stink at it :) LOL

        I have also watched the Titanic movie about 100 times, my host sister love it! We watch it in Italian with English subtitles, but really I do not need them. I know the story!

This is about as much as I remember, so till next time lovely readers
 | § | XOXO Brystal | § |
Lamezia, the view from the house! You can guess that is Celestina (middle) and Noriko (left) with me! 

1 comment:

  1. Two things: you have a host Gma?! Pics!!! And is that an infinity bracelet you're wearing?

    ReplyDelete