Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

Find Your Destiny! It is waiting for you!

        Arrivederci Pennsylvania e ciao ai miei prossimi giorni a New Jersey e New York! I will be leaving one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the privilege of living in, for wide open skies! I leave Pennsylvania tomorrow morning to go to New Jersey, where I will spend my last few remaining days with my family, before my adventure. Wednesday...This day I have been looking forward to for MONTHS...I am not even kidding, it has been the only thing on my mind all summer! On this Wednesday I get to go to New York, my fate begins then!

        This week is filled with so many goodbyes: To my old school, my friends, the band I will miss, The drama club I wish I could take with me. Goodbyes to my family, neighbors, my state (PA), and most importantly my country! I have never been outside of the United States, and now I get to do it by myself! To be put easily, I am nervous beyond words! I mean seriously, I will be in Rome on Friday! So goodbye to my american life!

        So for good news, I should probably add, I finally finished level 1 of Rosetta Stone today! I thought I was done awhile ago, but I really only did unit 1 not level 1. :) I guess I can also say I am ahead of a few AFS students who are not done yet! We need to get a level done before leaving for Italy! Good luck to all of them! I barely understood Italian, soooo I am sure they don't yet either!

        On happier notes I think it is about time I told you about my Host Family!!!!!!! I have 4 people who so graciously wanted to host an American Girl! Their names are: Pietro Gatto (The dad) Anna Maria (The mom) Maria (The daughter) & Attilio (The brother). So I should start off mentioning I have never had a brother, so this is already interesting! When you have practically lived in a house run by women, you may forget that guys have to grow up somewhere too! Attilio also just had a birthday (Happy Birthday again!) and I thought it was cool how he is the same age as my sister Briana!

        So alittle-bit about the family... They seem extremely sporty! For most people that may seem common, but for me and my american family, it is rare! Meaning, I am probably the least sporty person they could have gotten! Unless you count shopping and marching band as a sport? Yea, I didn't think so either.... Well I guess I just might have to become sporty over in Italy! Starting with doing a club with my Host sister Maria! Signor Gatto suggests dancing or swimming, but because I have never been into sports, I want to do them both!

        Now if you look for signs in the stars to guide you in your life, you may understand where I am coming from in the next part. Gatto. Yup, thats a last name, and it is my host families last name. In Italian it also means "Cat." Now my american mother pointed this out, their last name is cat and we have cats. Let me explain more...We always had a stray kitty come to our house for food, and one day we decided to just let the cat inside and help her. We later found out, it was our Neighbor's cat! Around November they came looking for it, and somehow we got 2 gatto's coming inside after this..... Best part is, we have never had cats before. We are a dog family to boot! I always thought, if its too small that I step on it all the time, then I do not want it! But, nonetheless we took them under our wing! Now I personally have a Host family taking me under their wing! (Thank you so much Signor Gatto and your lovely family, I can not wait to finally meet you all in person!) Now I think this is a sign, given to me well in advance that I have a bright future coming! In Italy of course! You may not think so, but look into your life, signs may be guiding you to your destiny!


This was the kitty that came to us! She had her first Christmas inside, because she was always an outdoor cat!
 Her name is Babes!


This is Princess, she later came to us! And yes, she is sitting on my suitcase, I think she wants to come to Italy with me! Do you notice the yellow book? Youcat! Its my Church book, and I got it at the beginning of summer before I knew my Host Family!
(signs are around us all!)


These two cats and my book were the signs I saw! Just keep your eyes open and you will notice signs too! 

Till next time readers ~ XOXO Brystal ~

1 comment:

  1. You're on the first plane by now--a whole day since I saw your beautiful, smiling face--and I already miss you. We're all tracking the flights so we know you get there okay :) I'll be wondering what you're up to, so crank these blogs out! I love your style and finally, I love you <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete