Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

First Day of Italian studies???

        Yea, I finally started school guys! ;) A bit late compared to all the kids in America, who started weeks ago! Oh well, My studies are harder! Not only because they are in a different language, but the locals say that my school is really hard! Bring-it-on-Italy! I can do anything! 

So my first day went alittle like this.....

Yea got up and ...Was totally late. My host sister set my clock wrong, so I ended up taking a shower and coming out to have 10 minutes (yea 10) to dry my hair, put on makeup, get dressed, eat, brush teeth! ...Only it took me 12 minutes... Everyone was kinda freaking out at that point.....

I got to school, and met the teachers, only I can not remember any of the names! Oops! Then they had a welcoming ceromony, infront of the entire school. This was when my face got so red because I had so many eyes on me. What made it worse was, not understanding what the speaker was saying about me.... They could have been saying I was an ugly american...gosh I hope they didnt. My point is, I could understand maybe 1 word in each sentence!! Not good....

Classes were fine, but I will be choosing me new classes tomorrow! ...This girl has no idea how to speak Latin, so I am going to have to change that! Anyway, school... Italian students do not change classes, the teachers do! So I was with the same 24 people all day! IN NO AIR CONDITIONING! It was so hot today, and I wore a sweater..... :) I should know by now I am not in Pennsylvania !

Now I really did not understand anything the teachers said, except that I need to buy a book...So I sat in class looking at the italians, thinking how different they are from americans..... Which is not that much.!.

This was my first day, and so many other exchange students first day! In retrospect, mine went well compared to others! Really read other blogs too! These exchange students like myself need support! Gosh I know I do! If google translate was not around, I would be walking around in a haze..... So If you plan on going to an Italian school anytime soon for your first day! Learn how to say, "What is your name?" Because I did not know how to say this. HAHA

Till my next blog readers! So far I seem to blog like every day. I do not want to miss anything, ya know? 
| § | XOXO Brystal | § |

1 comment:

  1. Aha, capisco. Hai dimenticato, tazza vuota. Your school was so gracious in welcoming you that they presented you with a formal introduction, and this is a beautiful thing to add to your cup. I think you've just noticed that formality and tradition is deeply respected in Italian culture, and this is commendable. What wonderful people to be among :) I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete