Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Traveling Abroad

        Hello again readers! It has been a while since I last blogged, so this may be long, I dont know yet! Also if you read this and think that I have no idea how to spell or use proper grammer... well I dont know, but it is even worse because Italian computers translate everything into italian sooooo I do not even know what I am writing!!!! Red lines are under...almost.ever.single.word....

        So I left New York on Thursday! JFK airport - goodbye America and hello to Switzerland!!! For all those people out there that like planes, your crazy! I had to take 3 to get to Lamezia Terme Italy, and I think I would prefer sailing there! Planes feel like you are being swept off your feet and flipped upside down while your ears fill with water.... and the landing is much worse, at least I think so! Gum helps and swallowing air too! But, no matter what, I still got off those planes with hard-of-hearing! People had to scream for me! No lie!

        Switzerland is beautiful by the way, it is so green and peaceful! The only thing I noticed is that it is so expensive! I bought a keychain with a little book hanging from it and it was 11 dollers..... like what? Why so much?! We had about 3 hours in the airport before we had to get on the plane for ROMA! So I was bord lol!

        Then, I got to Rome, Italy and it took my breathe away! Well the country side did, I never got to really see Rome except for the inside and outside of an Italian hotel! Now lets talk about people, no not italian people, people from around the world! I met kids studing abroad in about every country Earth has! Most of them could speak at least a little English, and that got me thinking... Why on earth does America only learn 1 main language! I felt so stupid over there! All the american kids had trouble because we really did not know other languages....I met one girl who knew 8 languages! WOW! I really need to learn more!

        I spent 3 days and 2 nights in Rome and took so many pictures! It was such a different experience, I noticed the bathroom is the most different... Yea I know! Look up Italian bathrooms!!! Crazy! I still have not turned on the butt washer, I really do not know why they would use them??? Anyway to less weird things, I met 2 other girls going to my area "Lamezia Terme!" One is an Australian girl, the other is from Japan!

         Now to catch up to the present!.... I am here in Lamezia Terme and it is huge! They say it is small, but compared to what Shippensburg PA looked like...wow... Big is the new small! My host family are amazing! Even though they do not speak american very well, but at least the mom knows how to cook amazing meals! It makes me miss my american mom, because I really wish I would have learned how to cook more when I was there!

        Italians really do know how to cook! They also tend to think that you are grown men, yea me included! They eat so much!!!! Also because I am a guest, I get even more! So if I come back extremly fat, You all know why!!!! I seriously will keep track of all the weight I put on! HAHA!

        Now I start school on Monday, I will really just be sitting in the class for 3 months not understanding a word they say, but pretending to understand! :) Gosh I hope after three months I will understand! Italian ...they just talk so fast in this language, I am really walking around with google translate on handy!!

        I also went swimming in the Mediterraneo Sea and shopping but those are as side notes!

Till next blog my readers * XOXO Brystal *

1 comment:

  1. You didn't like flying?! Hmmm ... future career as the next Sydney Bristow will change that! See, I knew your new mama would be a fantastic cook :) and YES you will learn before you know it :) luffs and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete